1/27/09

"Drums (written to the instrumental of "Drop" by Rich Boy)"

LISTEN TO THIS LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8CwkFS074

THE FIRST STANZA STARTS 9 SECONDS INTO THE SONG.


Steady with my head knockin'
Instrumental drums rockin'
Got a brother trippin' on a beat like he pill poppin'.
Lighting booms and thunder claps
Blowin' brains and speakers blap
Help the mind be dignified as it dances in the trap.

Save ya'self, but leave me here
With every "skat" my thoughts are clear
Leave me in a slum with this drum as I write by ear.
Silence is the violence to the art that I compose for you.
Now liberate yourself and go berserk like you supposed to do.

Bring it back and bring the drums
Maul this cookie into crumbs
Rip apart the drawing boards
Retrace the steps with only one pen
Take
What
You
Have
Known
With
This
Ink...
Let it be shown.

Drums electrify the spark that gets me through the long haul.
Drums are the hands that I throw when up against the wall.
Drums'll be my pace maker
When I have an old ticker
Revivin' and energizin' just to make the beat sicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment